little confusion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
when i look at the history section in safari it gives me the option to mark a page for snapback with the apple command and K along with an icon that i don't understand. It almost looks like a half S, what is that, and what would be the combination for page snapback?? sorry the easy question.

thanks - :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Guess I'm not sure about the "half-S" but the combination for snapback is Option - Apple key (next to the option) and K. Or you can choose history >Mark page for snapback.

Also, the little orange "Snapback" button found at the right end of your address bar or Google search bar, takes you instantly back to the Web page whose address you last typed (or to your last bookmarked site) or to your first Google results page.

So, after clicking numerous links, you can return to your starting point without having to hit the back button over and over.

Also, the SnapBack button doesn't appear until you've actually clicked away from the first page you visited.

Hope this helps! :D

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I admit larger problems gloom.but I'll save it for the future. barb

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi barb.

Good to see you back with us. Perhaps I should just point out that this thread is not far off 10 years old.

Also, not sure that function still exists on recent Operating Systems.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.