I think I prefer my old mouse

Reaction score
I find everything about my Imac better than a pc except for the mouse. I still find that I have trouble right Clicking.

Do any of you other switchers prefer a 2-buttoned mouse?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
The Mighty Mouse is a 2 (well 4 actually) buttoned mouse. Have you enabled right click from the mouse preferences?

If you have and you're just not getting on with it (I don't blame you, I got fed up of it pretty quickly) then just about any other USB mouse should work fine. Despite the fact it's only a 1 button mouse, I still love the Pro mouse :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
i have never used the mighty mouse but i just use my old usb mouse and it works fine.

I actually use a trackball mouse with my macbook as i find its best for my macbook as i dont need as much space as a normal mouse to use it. i can also use it on un-evan surfaces or when im in a car

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 iMac; 8gb DDR3 ram; ati mobility 4850; 1tb seagate harddrive @7200rpm
You just have to click on the extreme left or right of the mouse, then it works perfectly.

OP
B
Reaction score
Yes right click is enabled but I dont find it easy to use, I fould my old Microsoft Mouse easier to use.

Its just that I find this strange as Apple is so much better at everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'll agree with you, I personally hate the Mighty Mouse. Right-clicking is a pain and the thing just doesn't feel good in my hand. I would take any Logitech, or even Microsoft, mouse over the Mighty Mouse any day.

Seems to me that this is one thing where Apple cared more about form than function. Then again, Apple hasn't exactly been that great when it comes to mouse designs (i.e. the puck mouse)

OP
B
Reaction score
Ok I feel better its not just me.

The mighty mouse needs steriods.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
The mighty mouse is kind of one of those love/hate kind of things. I'm more in the love camp, as when it's working it works very well. Unfortunately, there are enough times that the scroll wheel will refuse to scroll in one direction, usually down. I've managed to clean it enough times to restore its functionality but I have to keep a supply of alcohol wipes and compressed air on hand all the time.

Fortunately, if I need to scroll down on something when the mouse is misbehaving I'm used to going straight to the trackpad for two-finger scroll down until I can get the mouse working again.

Reaction score
I just bought my wireless mighty mouse, it's taken some getting used to and I'm not sure if I will end up keeping it. Coming from a logitech two button mouse, this one is completely different. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had difficulties adjusting to it.

Reaction score
My experience with MM's buttons have been so impressive but I am so annoyed by its rather slugish speed (and this thing is supposed to be lazer?!) and not respoinsive, annoying trackball it failed...but I need one button mouse I am bound to buy one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I'll agree with you, I personally hate the Mighty Mouse. Right-clicking is a pain and the thing just doesn't feel good in my hand. I would take any Logitech, or even Microsoft, mouse over the Mighty Mouse any day.

Seems to me that this is one thing where Apple cared more about form than function. Then again, Apple hasn't exactly been that great when it comes to mouse designs (i.e. the puck mouse)

Don't feel bad about prefering a microsoft mouse, most of the mice microsoft sells are made by logitech;D

I love my logitech wireless mouse, it works great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
The mighty mouse takes some time getting used to. You have to literally lift your left finger off the board to right click. But I've been using it for almost a year now, and it feels so natural now. Its amazing cause I can just click the whole mouse top and it is a left click. I'm not restricted to using just the left button. Lift the finger and its a right click!

The scroll ball needs some work though...better engineering.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.