4 accounts on Mac, but need 1 lib for itunes and 1 for iphoto

Reaction score
Hi is there an easy way, to have on 4 diff accounts, all of our itunes shared, also all of our iphoto lib reduced to one shared library.

i mean it defeats the purpose for us to have each our own libraries, i.e. having to d/l photos 4 times, music 4 times, at the same time it also uses up 4 times the hard drive.

so is there an easy way to convert all accounts to use one of the existing libraries for itines and one for iphoto?

i am not a geek so pls in english?

Thanks a million

OP
N
Reaction score
cant i just move it to the shared folder, and then tell iphoto in each account to look in the shared folder?

iPhoto: How to move the iPhoto Library Folder to a new location
Learn how to move the iPhoto Library folder to a new location.

The iPhoto Library folder, located in your Pictures folder, contains photos you imported into your photo library and any albums you've created using iPhoto. If you want to move your iPhoto Library folder to a new location, you must move the entire folder, and select the new location in iPhoto.
Important: If you move, delete, rename, or change files or folders in the iPhoto Library folder, you may be unable to see your pictures in iPhoto.

To move the iPhoto Library folder to a new location:

Quit iPhoto if it is open.
Drag the iPhoto Library folder to the new location.
Open iPhoto. An alert appears that says iPhoto cannot find the iPhoto Library.
Click Find Library.
Locate and select the iPhoto library you moved in step 2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.