Select your iMac // Macbook

Reaction score
I know I posted a while back saying I had made the decision to go with the Macbook over an iMac but after having the option to keep my desk in my room its pushing me to reconsider, as it stands I need my Mac for Photography, Internet Browsing, Music, Photography, E-Mail, Basic office work and possibly some minor gaming oh and did i say Photography?. So basically the question is would you guys recommend opting for the iMac or the Macbook based on my wants/needs? Also which one from the iMac range/Macbook range would you choose and why?

/Ste

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
iMac if you are just going to use it at home on a desk. Macbook pro if you are going to want to take it around with you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i would get teh MB Pro. take it with you and get instant results after taking pictures.

OP
S
Reaction score
I have decided to go with the 20" iMac and get an additional stick of RAM, external HDD and iPod Touch with the money i save :D

Reaction score
I have decided to go with the 20" iMac and get an additional stick of RAM, external HDD and iPod Touch with the money i save :D

iPod touch is FAIL in my opinion. It's too expensive for how little it holds and you're paying for cool but almost useless features. iPod classic for the win. Good luck mang.

OP
S
Reaction score
iPod touch is FAIL in my opinion. It's too expensive for how little it holds and you're paying for cool but almost useless features. iPod classic for the win. Good luck mang.

But who needs 160GB of memory? because i know i will never have 2000+ hours of music so an iPod Touch with 8GB is 8x bigger then my current mp3 player and would meet my needs just the fine but also with a few other features that would be helpful at work, I guess it depends on the person though

Oh and it looks way cooler!

Also is a Western Digital My Book a good external HDD to go with?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
Also is a Western Digital My Book a good external HDD to go with?

WD are great! i have one and i use to to back up soo simple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
But who needs 160GB of memory?

Ah, me. I would love the touch to have 160GB since it makes a lot more since for video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Stetwin, I think you will be happy with what you chose.
Can tell you that using my 20" iMac over my HP Notebook the ease of use especially with a larger screen over long periods is so much easier. Plus you get more specs for your money with the iMac.

If you want something to do minimal work on the road pick up an older G3 or G4 iBook - that would fit the uses for on the road photography fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
But who needs 160GB of memory? because i know i will never have 2000+ hours of music

You'll be surprised once you get one, you'll go nuts loading all of your music on there trust me + if you decide to store files on the iPod that 16 gigs is going to get eat up pretty fast, if you want just 8 gigs go with a nano. The Touch does look fantastic, but it's not really worth the money yet. Apple is probably going to lower the price eventually, so I'd probably wait on the touch.

I'd go with a Classic or nano myself, or an iPhone. Essentially that's what the touch it, except no phone.

You'll be really happy with the iMac, you should get the 2.4 if you can afford it. I just purchased mine last week and it arrived yesterday, it's fabulous. The reason I said get the 2.4 is because the graphics card is a bit better in the 2.4, and if you're going to be processing photographs, you're going to need as much power as you can get. If you want a portable with power go with the MBP. I like the macbooks, but I find they lack sometimes when you need some good performance. Mainly because of the graphics card, it's pretty weak compared to the MBP.

Reaction score
But who needs 160GB of memory? because i know i will never have 2000+ hours of music so an iPod Touch with 8GB is 8x bigger then my current mp3 player and would meet my needs just the fine but also with a few other features that would be helpful at work, I guess it depends on the person though

Oh and it looks way cooler!

Agreed. I too am one who doesn't have to carry their entire music / video library with them while going for a walk or run. Apple has provided the option playlists when I want to change music. On the other hand, I have a 60 gig iPod video and really liked the new look of the Touch. So I ordered one. You're right, to each their own.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.