Excel automatically starts up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Hi

I'm not sure how it happened cause I don't use excel but it happened after I did the first 3 steps (the last 2 wouldn't work even with the revisions) in the pinned post www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5284 (Basic OS X Troubleshooting) and whenever I log into my 2nd account it automatically loads excel.

I'm more a pc person and just got a macmini that has office on it and OS 10.4

I have a few more issues but for sanities sake I think I'll just tackle one at a time hehe

Does anyone know why this happened and how to stop it?

Thank You
Aqua

Reaction score
Go to System Preferences, then click Accounts and select the username for whom Excel is opening automatically. Click the Login Items "tab" and look for Microsoft Excel in the list, click on the Excel entry then click the minus button below the program list window.

If, for some reason Excel isn't showing up in that list -- someone else will have to chime in, that's the only place I know to look.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Oh thanks so much! That worked! I could see it would have gotten more annoying in the future hehe If it had of been Word, I would have thought my puter was trying to tell me something but with excel it's like that annoying person who keeps bringing up useless things lol Thanks cause now I know I can set programs to start when I log on like that (other than updates).

Thanks again
Aqua

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.