• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I switched and am switching again!

Reaction score
Well last week I took the plunge and purchased a 20" iMac for the kitchen. Been using/working on PC's (mostly Windows, but plenty of Linux) for 20 years.

Anyway here we are only one week later and I've since sold my office computer and will be buying another iMac for my office this weekend.

>$4G to Apple in 1 week. Nuts! Help! I'm stuck in the RDF! Just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone. I'm sure I'll find these forums helpful!

KF

edited: Oops wrong forum, meant to post in switchers forum.. Moderators, please move or delete?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4ghz, 2GB/320GB
sweeet!

Wow! That's awesome!
Are you loving your 20" monitor? I heard there were some probs with it, but I intend to "take the plunge" in the next week or two, also. I'm gonna get a 20" 2.4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i thought by the tittle you were going back to the dark side. congratulations!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Enjoy the KoolAid....

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 24" Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM
lol, did the exact same thing as you! Will never go back to pc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uhhh macbook (black) 120gb HD 2gb Ram and a intel core duo processor at 2.o ghz
WOOOOHOOOOO! mac is the best choice

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I did think you were switching back too!

Congrats. You'll love them for years to come.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Welcome to the forum killerfish. It's great to have you here.

Wow! You're living the best of the good life! :D Two iMac's...gotta be great! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
One question: you bought a computer for the kitchen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
welcome to the forums, and congrats are you two new purchases!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
If there is enough distance between your "home" computer and the kitchen, you understand the desire to have one there as well! ;)

OP
K
Reaction score
Sorry I dropped off the radar for a bit. I came down with a nasty flu! Thanks for the warm welcome!

First, I LOVE the 20" displays. No problems for me. Just re-calibrated the sceens and all is good.

My kitchen has a builtin desk and it just screamed for a computer. :) Anyway, that one gets used by the kids/my wife and I have my office computer for just me!

I also bumped up ram in my office computer to 4 gig and used the 1 gig that came with that computer to bump up the kitchen computer to 2GB. Turned out to be really easy! OWC has great prices too.

KF

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting one for Xmas!!
H E L P!! Waiting for the Leopard to be installed before I buy a 24 in iMac. But from what I read I am scared cause iTunes doe snot work with the iMovie, etc. And since I only want it for pics & movies, don't know if I should switch?? Although I hate thie HP with a passion. You guys are a great group.

Thanks Penny In Pennylvania

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting one for Xmas!!
PS Sorry for the spelling it's 3:21 am here!

Penny

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.