• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New laptop from apple?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I would love to know if apple MAY be planning a new laptop?
How possible is it?

after all, they are launching a new operating system, so is there a tiny chance they might very well be creating a new apple laptop at this very moment?

mmmmmmm

(did i post this in the right place? sorry!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
We won't know until it's released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I can guarantee that Apple is working on new products... as for when they'll be ready for release; only Steve knows.

I would expect to see re-vamped portables around January... but it could just as easily be two months before or two months after. I would expect they'll look the same and just have improved hardware under the hood; but Apple have had the "G3 iBook" and "Ti-book" look for quite awhile now... maybe they'll mix it up. There's also always the possibility of the long rumored 12" MBP, "sub-notebook" and "MacBook Tablet". You never know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Yes there will be a new macbook.....someday. But apple just gave the macbook a speed boost less then 2 months ago. The only thing i can see them do is move the macbook to the santa rosa platform which i would say won't be for a few months.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.