• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Has anyone used this third party shipper

Reaction score
Well i was wondering if anyone her has heard of Chronopost or has used them in recent or past occasions. The reason why im asking is because I found a decent Power Mac G5 on craigslist but the guy wants to use Chronopost. Im really a little sketchy about the whole deal because it almost seems to good to be true. Ive honestly never heard of Chronopost before and was hoping you guys/gals could fill me in on the much needed information.

Such as is it easy to get scammed, bad experiences etc.

Heres there site:http://www.us.chronopost.com/web/en/index.jsp

Also let me ask about the G5 it has 1.8 ghz processor
160gig hard drive, i cant remember the ram but does that sound like it should be worth $550.

Reaction score
they're apparently somewhat big in europe...but maybe you should ask the person your buying from to use fedex or something...maybe offer to pay extra for shipping...where is the comp being shipped from?

OP
X
Reaction score
Its being shipped from Plano, Texas i stay around the Houston area of Texas its to far to drive so shipping will be needed. Oh and basically what he wants to do is send the computer to chronopost then they will inspect it then once its inspected i will send payment then they will release the computer for shipment to me.

Im not sure but it almost sounds really fishy. He told me that this is a brand new Power Mac G5 in the box for $550 is that a decent price or should i be a little concerned? He said that hes trying to get rid of it asap and he got it as a gift.

And also ive asked for pictures in the emails ive sent him but he seems to disregard even mentioning them but that was only one time i asked him again to send some pics and ill see what he does this time.

Reaction score
yea, that sounds pretty fishy...idk if I would buy from that guy...wait and see what he says this time, if he doesn't send em, you prob shouldnt go through with the deal...

OP
X
Reaction score
yea im going to post what he sent in the email in a little while so you can check it out yourself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.