New Switcher Help site, Where

Reaction score
OK, bought Macbook about two weeks ago at my sons insistance. Now he is no where to be found!;D What is the best site or location for simple questions / problems ran into. i have been able to figure out most but am stumped with this one.
I visit many web sites while surfing and on most of the news pages there are short video clips. When I click on them and try to play it I get this, what software do I need, Quicktime nor Mac software works.

(The page “South Bend Tribune” has content of MIME type “wmode=opaque”. Because you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be displayed.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Have you installed Flash? If not download and install it from the adobe site. Also install Perian from www.perian.org

And as for your perfect apple helpsite? www.mac-forums.com/forums should do the trick!

OP
D
Reaction score
Stupid post

After I re-read my post I thought to myself, Duh. I'm on the best forum. Thanks for the help and not bashing me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Yea, I've heard only but good things about those "Mac-Forums" you're talking about goobimama ^^.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks

OK i was going to say thanks mama but I'm 60YO so it will have to be thanks Goobi. At any rate they now play albeit very small screen size.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Could we see a screenshot? (Command + Shift + 4 and then select the screenshot area). I'd like to compare it with what I'm seeing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting one for Xmas!!
Penny In PA needs help!

H E L P!! I still have my awful HP waiting to purchase a 24 in iMac but I want the Leopard OS. I am not a tech person. I am 59 and love pics & movies of my daughters travels through the world, family events etc. Thats what I want it for. I want all the MEMORY I can get. First I have a nightmare with iTunes (Just got an iPod in June okay laugh!). I cannot use it in anything but my iPod so how will it be used in slideshow and imovies on my new Mac also I use right click all the time on my mouse? I do go on for my first post sorry!! Just a little old lady from PA. Thanks to all of you for being here.

Penny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1) Don't get the memory from Apple cause they charge a bomb for it. But some Crucial memory from somewhere and install it yourself. Its really really really easy.

2) As for your iTunes/iPod query, i'm not getting you right. You want it to sync all your music/movies/pictures to the iPod right? Well its not a problem at all.

3) Right clicking with the iMac is just like right clicking on any other PC. The mighty mouse has pressure sensitive buttons for right click.

I saw your other post query about the 24 inch mac as well. Its an amazing machine and I wish I had it. You shouldn't experience any problems with it. Only thing you should worry about is not having a window directly behind, as the reflection might be a bit noticeable due to the glossy screen...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.