Photo and image preview app

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,33 Ghz , 2GB Ram , 120 GB HDD , X1600
Hi all , i don`t very like the original Mac OS X image preview program , maybe there are something else instead of PREVIEW ?
Or maybe someone can explain how to config it ( if it have any configs ) ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
What kind of functionality are you looking for? Slideshows, side-by-side comparisons?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
What's wrong with Preview? Just drag all the photos you want in there, and it opens them up. Slideshow? no probs. It also gives you a sort of mosaic of all your photos while in fullscreen mode....

I do use Justlooking sometimes though....

OP
Artiomoff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank you all for reply i`ll try xee , no i neded just good previewer :))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
Preview used to be pretty good under OS 10.3. But when I got my new computer that had 10.4 on it, I found that Preview lost a few features, one of them being full screen viewing of images.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
^Can't you just start a screensaver? It makes it fullscreen...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
I deal with a lot of images on a daily basis on my MBP, and have recently discovered PicturePopPro2 which is a contextual menu item. I've tried many other options, and have found the speed and functionality of PPP2 very good, its also not an application, so you don't have to launch it and it closes just as quick.

PPP2 works in a similar way to how you would select a set of images in finder and then select "Slideshow" from the right click menu, however it lets you move through images using the arrow keys, and also you can right click on a folder and it will open all the images within that folder. The only disadvantage to PPP2 is that it can't handle RAW files, which Preview can, however I use other software to review RAW files anyway.

Reaction score
Preview used to be pretty good under OS 10.3. But when I got my new computer that had 10.4 on it, I found that Preview lost a few features, one of them being full screen viewing of images.

Leopard is solving that problem with Quicklook I think!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15,4" 2,2Ghz - Nvidia 8600GT - 2Gb Ram / iPhone 1st Gen 16gb
i had the exact same problem.
I also checked out Xee which is indeed a very nice app.
But now im using Just Looking and its great. Light, free, can read a lot of image formats such as .psd .tiff and so on.
Give it a try, i cant remember what just looking has that xee dont and i changed :p

OP
Artiomoff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i had the exact same problem.
I also checked out Xee which is indeed a very nice app.
But now im using Just Looking and its great. Light, free, can read a lot of image formats such as .psd .tiff and so on.
Give it a try, i cant remember what just looking has that xee dont and i changed :p

Wow !! that's was really what i was searching for !! Thanks allot !!!!

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I am used to Vista which can show thumbnails of your images in a folder and when you open one image you can arrow through the rest of the images in the folder and get a preview of them.

In Finder, it isn't doing thumbnail previews when looking at a list of all the files in a folder. Any insight?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well you can enable the Thumbnail view, right click in the folder > View Options and select "preview thumbnails".

Or, you can go into column view, and then click on each image, and in the right hand side, it will show the preview as well as picture information. If you can't see a preview on the right, click the grey triangle next to "Preview".

Reaction score
I just tried Xee. It was exactly what I was looking for. My favorite feature is just being able to flick the mouse wheel around and it scroll through photos.

Reaction score
Preview 3.0.9 issues

Sorry this post was a mistake ---can't figure out how to delete it, so just edited it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.