finder question...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,white 2.16ghz C2D/2GB RAM/120GB, iPOD 60GB
i was moving around a bunch of files (mp3s&mpegs), i had them selected and was dragging them into a folder. i didn't notice when exactly it happened but i just saw them at the lower half of the finder sidebar, you know along with applications, desktop, movies, music, pictures...

I was moving around 17 files, and those exact 17 files appeared on there. kindly see the attached screenshot to see what i mean.

how do i remove them?

i tried preferences then sidebar, but the files weren't there to be unticked. selecting or rightclicking the files to delete them only causing itunes to run and play the file. any ideas? thanks =P

Picture3.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I think you just drag them off - you'll get a little puff of smoke appear under the mouse pointer, and when you release the button the item will vanish.

OP
qwinkan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tnx =P

i'm dragging them one by one... poofing is fun =P

OP
qwinkan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
any idea how they got in there in the first place?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
You might have just released them accidentally while dragging. It's easily done, I've done it a few times, particularly if you're using a Mighty Mouse, which isn't suitable for large dragging operations.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.