Which stuff to purchase? Im clueless...

Reaction score
K here's the deal, I've had 9 pc's in 15 years and im finally done with 'em. Can't stand all the bullcrap you gotta deal with, I'm bored with the interface, etc. I'm goin' to purchase my first mac soon but I have no clue which software too buy. I know it's gotta be a macbook pro at least because I produce and dj, its nice to have extra screen space. But i'll also be getting into making weird vids, photo's, and a website soon too. I know nothing about these iprograms though. Should I get iMovie or Final Cut? Should I get the mac program for building websites or should I look for something else, maybe third party? Is the 17 inch with hi def worth the extra cost? (Do I need it if Im not editing a blockbuster movie?)
Aside from all that, I hear Serato Scratch Live has been having some problems running on Tiger 10.4.10...even with that firmwire update. Should I just get my macbook now and try my luck or wait till Leopard comes out...which is still gonna be risky considering how huge the update is.
Can anyone give me some info on any of this?

Also, i've heard about all the heat problems with macs. Have they done anything to solve this problem on newer models or is it still a burden?? Cuz Serato is somewhat intense and I could be running it for hours at a time. Should I be overly concerned about overheating problems?

Reaction score
well I switched (not 100%, still got old trusty AMD1900+256MB80Gigger chugging along!), I got an iMAC"white" 17"2GHZsuperdive, all in all I'm wrapped with the no nonsense and speed of the machine, it truly is a workhorse, my only beef after 1 week and 5 hours use is the fonts the sharpness on some, but not all web pages, the fonts sometimes appear fuzzy, fat or too small and some letters not clearly formed. example i am writing this from Work on a windows machine and as always it is clear as elle, if if I choose 6point fonts, i can surf any webpage and no complaints, I use my iMAC and i am a bit disappointed at the font quality, photos, movies and the rest of the desktop display clean, bright and wondersful, just i've been told, "welcome to macworl" "that's the way it is..", hmmm, I dunno, can someone help?

OP
J
Reaction score
Yeah I heard about font problems too...prolly will be somewhat bothersome but I can let it slide for better performance in other categories.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.