Leopard?

Reaction score
I am a total noob in Mac business...I mean I haven't even switched to Mac yet, mainly because I don't have enough money just yet (I live in Aus and it is much more expensive than US) plus waiting for Leopard to come out. If on schedule, it is soon. I guess I can wait a little longer.

I have couple of questions though. Now, Leopard looks very good. Maybe not distinctly different than what Tiger was but surely adding some really nice new features to it. I can not wait.

Is there some sort of NDA on the beta of Leopard since I haven't seen any personal accounts on how the new OS is? Is there a link to a betatester blog or something?

Are you excited about the product? Is Apple good with OS updates (unlike MS)!? Should I rely on it?

Overall what are your expectations, what would you like to change or added?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
To answer the other question.

Apple updates come when they are needed, and they are fast, more prompt, and better than M$ updates.

OP
bittenapple
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I look forward to the multiple desktops (Spaces) the most.
But I remember seeing a Mac vid on youtube where the person simultaniously swithced between the TV, then Mac Desktop (where he palyed WoW) then switched to XP (where he played sollitaire lol) anyway. So, at current stage isn't it already possible to have soemthign like Spaces?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Thanks for the replies.

I most look forward to the multiple desktops (Spaces).
But I remember seeing a Mac vid on youtube where the person simultaniously swithced between the TV, then Mac Desktop (where he palyed WoW) then switched to XP (where he played sollitaire lol) anyway. So, at current stage isn't it already possible to have soemthign like Spaces?

It is possible with Parallels or VM Fusion (switching XP to OS X) currently.

OP
bittenapple
Reaction score
!

What is worrysome is that from the things that I read Leopard (with the known features) is not doing enough to improve upon Tiger...if this is the case then Apple is falling into trap of some other companies fall which is not knowing your product and what it needs. They should know its needs and what is used, what is missing and try to develop their next product a bit on the basis of their customers' expectaions I think.

I hope my wait is going to worth it!

Reaction score
would leopard address the fuzzy fonts MAC displays?

BTW, to the Aussie guy here, DSE have plenty of 17" iMACs for $1299AUD, good time to switch, I have but just a little pee'd off at the lousy fonts!

OP
bittenapple
Reaction score
BTW, to the Aussie guy here, DSE have plenty of 17" iMACs for $1299AUD, good time to switch, I have but just a little pee'd off at the lousy fonts!

But I am happy with my Desktop at the moment. I would like to buy a laptop. So,, come October I will be buying a Macbook (that is the only one I can afford :) )

PS. You can dismiss my PM because now I got your post lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.