need help with parallels

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
im installing windows within parallels and i have got to the bit where windows is asking for partition sizes etc.. within parallels. it says i have an unpartitioned space with 31997MB.

What i want to do is put both xp and linux in parallels so i can run them.

With this windows instalation, should i just go with that size thats there or do i need to worrie about resizing it to put linyx on? When using parallels does it actually create a hard drive partition? i was just under the impression each instillation took up a little bit of room on my osx hard drive partition.

Whilst im here, i also have bootcamp that i installed which i want to remove compleatly an put my hard drive partitions back to normal. how do i do this?

Reaction score
With Parallels you have a different "virtual disk" for each OS that you install. Dont worry about it. Treat it the same as a physical machine, it can only access the virtual disk that you assigned to it.

When you install linux you assign a different virtual disk to it.

I'd say you should install VMWARE fusion instead though.... Parallels just isn't as good. ;)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
i just went with the option it had already and i just formated and installed it on the whole unpartitioned space it gave me. im guesing that was the correct one to select.

I also just deleted bootcamp and restored osx to the whole drive. was very quick and easy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.