address book

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none
My daughter has a new macbook and wants to know how to get her e-maill info from her old pc laptop to her new macbook. Help?

OP
biguglyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none
Anybody? She basically needs the contents of her address book transfered. OE will export this as a .wab (Windows file which I bet the Mac won't like) or a text file. I'd hate to think she has to copy them all by hand...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
She can probably export her address book to a comma delimited text file which Address Book can then subsequently import. That's how I did so for my Palm desktop contact list, and now sync up with that. Or possibly to a vcard format. That seems to be understood by just about any application that does contact management. That's how I got some of my contacts into my phone, FWIW.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
I recently switched to Mac. I was previously using Outlook Express (OE). In OE, click File, Export, then Address Book... Save as a text file, aka delimited or comma separated values. The file will end with .csv or .txt. Mac will read these no problem. Just Import... from your new email client.

As for messages, the new mail client on the Mac (Mail or Entourage, maybe?) will import these from the server. If there are some messages only on your hard disk, you could forward them to an email address again or... I think you might be able to Import... these as well from the Mac mail client. You could also copy the files straight from disk to disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.