• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anything about a new generation of MacBook Pro?

HSN

Reaction score
Anyone knows if MacBook Pro is going to be upgraded like iMAC?
I'm planning to buy one but I wanna wait if new things are coming!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Apple is notoriously tight-lipped about new products in the pipeline. No one knows when a hardware update will occur. Anyone who says otherwise is speculating or citing rumor sites. Being that a new MacBook Pro was just released a couple of months ago, I would say it's a safe bet that there will be no changes other than minor speed bumps for quite some time.

As always, if you're always waiting for the next big thing in technology, you'll be waiting forever. If you need a new machine right now, just buy it. Otherwise, wait for Leopard which is due in October and looks to be on-track.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
...no one knows...

Reaction score

The MacBook Pros were just updated in June so it's going to be sometime before they are updated again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, White 80GB iPod 5th Generation
I heard of a small update to the line. Not in terms of hardware upgrades but apparently the notebook line may be joined by a 12inch MacBook Pro or 12inch MacBook!

Hopefully it will be true!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I think it may be possible they upgrade them when the new Intel processors arrive.

OP
H

HSN

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Actually, I do have a MacBook but I was thinking of upgrading to a Pro. If they at least include Leopard, I'll take one.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks guys.

Actually, I do have a MacBook but I was thinking of upgrading to a Pro. If they at least include Leopard, I'll take one.

They definitely will when it's released in October. I would just wait it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.