Icon`s , how to change ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,33 Ghz , 2GB Ram , 120 GB HDD , X1600
Hi there guys , and here is my first prob with mac :( I don`t very like the standart icons of Macintosh HD and Untitled ( i have instaled there my windows VISTA ) How can i change name of them and their icon`s ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Well first you download some OS X icons (interfacelift.com). Then select the icon you like. Command+C. Then click on the Macintosh HD. Command+I. This will bring up the Get Info dialog.

In the top there will be a small icon preview. Click on it and Command+V. It should change.

OP
Artiomoff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow , thanks for link it greate ! But i still have prob. with name :( also i can`t change icon and name on vistas HD ( partition where i have instaled win vista ) , any sugestions ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah. The Vista HDD must have been formatted to NTFS. This means that you can't write to that partition. And since you can't write to the partition, you can't change its icon.

You could install macfuse and ntfs3g to make the partition writable, but use it at your own risk.

Reaction score
We need a spell checker in here. Desperately. Obviously.

Reaction score
Well first you download some OS X icons (interfacelift.com). Then select the icon you like. Command+C. Then click on the Macintosh HD. Command+I. This will bring up the Get Info dialog.

In the top there will be a small icon preview. Click on it and Command+V. It should change.

Thanks from me also!

OP
Artiomoff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks alot !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You are most welcome.

And as for my spellings being bad, I'm using Safari for Windows (have to sometimes) which has no inbuilt spellcheck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.