• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Honey Dos!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Will, I have a long list of honey dos. Since it is the memorial week-end, I thought I would try make a dent in my list. :)

I started working on tiling and painting the guest bathroom. I have completely gutted the bathroom, except for the toilet, which will come out in the morning. The most laborous part, was the removal of the sheet of linoleum, very hard on the back. :(

The next step is to remove the remaining paper backing and glue, from the floor. Hopefully tomorrow the ceramic floor tile will go in, with no problems. I have layed out the floor, so I have a plan.

But after starting the project, I looked at my honey do list, and it is still quite long. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
I gotta do this stuff eventually too. For 2 bathrooms, ugh. Doesn't sound fun. Good luck...

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I need not accomplish as must as I would have liked. I way able to get uo the remaining paper and glue. I made the process more difficult, by not setting up the scraper properly. I found out today, that the knife blade was in backwards. :(

Anyway the floor is clean and dry. I started the dry setup, but was told I need to look at the whole area to be tiled, not just the bathroom.

So I am now doing the dry setup on the total area to be tiled (kitchen, hall way, laundry are, and bathroom).

The only problem that arose was the toilet flang need to be replaced.

Now we shall see, how far I get tomorrow.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I didn't get off to a good start this morning. Was suppose to go to Home Depot at 6:00am this morning and get a flang kit, to replace the failed flang. I was over comed by sleep. :p

So I will have to get the flang after work. Since I am working from home, I'll finish the dry fit, and set the tiles.

I have found that with seven people in the house, it is easy to his miss the second bathroom. :(

Hope to get it back into use soon.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Almost finished with the dry fitting. Need to get a coping saw to finish some of the cuts. I think that would look better than chipping away at the tile. So off to Home depot later this evening.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Isn't Home Depot great?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
ya, except when you go in just to buy a $0.30 bolt for a chair and you leave with a $30 Ryobi power drill

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is almost like Costco/Price Club. You go in for one item and when you come out, you have spent more money than you wanted.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, the project continues, but very slowly. For my wife is graduating today, so I would get to much done. I did get the new flang, coping saw and a few other items from Home Depot. Planning to finish up the dry fit, by cutting the remaining tile this evening. If all goes well (I hope), tile will go down tomorrow.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Will did not get home early enough to do anytime this evening. Will have to pick things up in the morning. Did try to cut a few tile with the coping saw, this morning. Found that it is slow going.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just finish the major part of laying down the ceramic tile. All I need to do is cut in the tile for the tiolet and I will be ready to grout.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am now in the final stages of installing the ceramic tile in my guest bathroom. I cut the remaining tiles and layed them in on Friday evening. This evening I filled the grout lines. Now I am waiting for the grout to set, so I can seal the grout (water proofing). Tomorrow my friend and I will re-installed the tiolet. Sunday evening I should be able to seal the grout. The bathroom should be back in use on Monday. Then all I need is purchase and install the cabinet and sink.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Today was a good day. Re-installed the toilet, with no problems. All I need to do is seal the grout lines. Will looking at new cabinets tomorrow. :)

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well be finishing up sealing the grout this evening, late tonight. Found one little problem. The toilet whistles after you flush it. :p :lol

The project is almost finished. All that is needed is the base cabinet, sink/counter top, and paint.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Finished sealing the grout. Will be going to Home Depot or Lowes to get a new base cabinet and sink, this evening.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did not get the bathroom vanity cabinet, last night. The Mrs. decided, to continue to search for the right cabinet. So I am off to prepare to patch and paint the bathroom.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Will the as you can see, painting is still on my honey do list.

After about a year, I am about to finish up the bathroom in order to sell the house. The bathroom vanity will be in this week. The painting in the bathroom has been done, all that is needed is to finish up the ceiling. It is hard to work at my little project with five other individuals in the way ;) (or is it me being lazy).

I have recruited my daughter to help me paint the rest of the house. She is working on the upper stairs bathroom, while I am working on the living room.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, between now and last year, I was able to finish the tiling project. The laundry room, the entry hall way, the dining room and the kitchen now has new cermic floor tile. The kitchen is almost finish with paint. All I need to do is get the ceiling and behind the refrig.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So the major items on my honey do list is painting and cleaning out the garage.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, okay. after a long period of time the downstairs bathroom is finished. The vanity and sink was hooked up this weekend. :)

The kitchen has been painted, will do the trim to or tomorrow and it will be done. The dishwasher was also replaced this past week-end.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.