• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

new mac now or later?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I agree buy now. It's well worth it. And 10.4 is still a great stable system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 24" Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM
I had the same question, decided to buy online now, but then had a 10/5 ship date with a 10/11 delivery date. Cancelled that order and drove a bit to pick up a 24" iMac!!!

GET ONE NOW ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
One word....

SEARCH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4ghz, 2GB/320GB
I had the same question, decided to buy online now, but then had a 10/5 ship date with a 10/11 delivery date.

whoa... are they REALLY shipping into October??? Yikes! No wonder none of the stores have them in stock yet. I better get cracking on my order.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 24" Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM
whoa... are they REALLY shipping into October??? Yikes! No wonder none of the stores have them in stock yet. I better get cracking on my order.

I had ordered the wireless keyboard and mouse along with the 24" iMac. When I cancelled my order the lady asked why I cancelled and told her it was 'cause of the long ship time. She said it was taking that long because of the wireless stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If you know you want Leopard and can stand to wait less than a month, then wait. You can buy a new Mac on October 1st and you will get Leopard free even if it isn't out yet. Apple gives free copies of new OS's to people who purchase a new system within 30 days of it's release. And we all know that one delay is one too many for Steve Jobs and Leopard in October is a lock.

Reaction score
There is no way that I am not going to buy a new Mac until Leopard comes out, but I guess I already have a pretty nice one...

Reaction score
I say wait a week or two and then you have a good chance with the 30 day rule that Fleurya mentioned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.