• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who's got the new iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4ghz, 2GB/320GB
Who's got the new iMac and what do you think about it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
I have one...switched on the day they came out...got a 24". I've upgraded the RAM to 2Gb and am waiting on my external HD for backups and extra space. I've managed to completely move off my PC to the point where it's sitting on the floor powered off....and for sale if you want it. There's nothing I've found so far I can't do on my new iMac and have no need for Windows....for my personal computing needs that is. I still have a laptop for work but I can't get around that.

I should have done this long ago.

Reaction score
I have the new 24" with 2GB ram. Ordered it the first day out also. It is my first mac after many windows machines. I love the mac but am disappointed in the choices of software out there. There is so much windows software and so little mac software. I am running windows with parallels but may switch to bootcamp later.
As far as the mac itself, I love it. It's a beautiful machine and i love the keyboard. When I first got it I didn't think I would like it but I wouldn't want any other keyboard now. I do use my logitech optical mouse instead of the terrible mighty mouse. The mighty mouse is worthless as far as I am concerned.
I still have lots to learn but am getting there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I have the new 24" with 2GB ram. Ordered it the first day out also. It is my first mac after many windows machines. I love the mac but am disappointed in the choices of software out there. There is so much windows software and so little mac software. I am running windows with parallels but may switch to bootcamp later.
As far as the mac itself, I love it. It's a beautiful machine and i love the keyboard. When I first got it I didn't think I would like it but I wouldn't want any other keyboard now. I do use my logitech optical mouse instead of the terrible mighty mouse. The mighty mouse is worthless as far as I am concerned.
I still have lots to learn but am getting there.

What kind of software do you use for Windows you can't find for Mac? Maybe I can help you out... I haven't found a use to run Windows.
I have an older gen Intel Mac. It's cool, don't get me wrong, but it lacks the expandability I need in a computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24' Al_iMac 2.8GHz 4GB Ram 1TB HD, 15" PB 1.5GHz 1GB Ram 160GB HD, 2x30GB iPod, 2x Shuffle, Nano
I just got my new iMac from the FedEx guy yesterday morning. Awesome!!!!!! This thing is incredible. This is my second Mac. The first is a 15" Powerbook I bought 3 years ago. What a speed increase! I bought the 24",2.8,1TB w/ 1 GB ram. I bought a 4GB set the same day I ordered the Mac. So yesterday before I even switched it on I installed the ram. This thing is a rocket ship. I used the migration assistant to transfer my files. Everything went really smooth. I love the glossy screen, the keyboard and the mouse. Everything is perfect. I recommend it to anyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
We had three PC's: an IBM, a Dell desktop and a Dell laptop. I bought a MBP and couldn't believe the difference. We then got an iMac. We'll never go back. All the PC's were donated to Goodwill. My wife has to use a PC at work, but thoroughly enjoys her new iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
We bought the 20" one for my brother the day they came out, and he's absolutely in love with it. He needs to replace that horrible Mighty Mouse though; it's pretty bad with casual use, and really bad when playing games via Boot Camp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz iMAC w/ 4GB Ram - 17" 1.67ghz PBook G4 w/ 2GB Ram
Mines due on Sep 5th before 10:30am via FedEx

BlackSheep: I have the same exact setup (24", 2.8X, 4GB ram) except im getting only a 320GB HDD. Ive been playing with the 24" 2.4Ghz 3GB ram at the apple stores and that thing is a beast, so I could only imagine what the 2.8X + 1 extra GB of ram would feel like. Im glad you love it!

Someone needs to make a full replacement screen so (those that need to) can convert to matte.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
After seeing other Mac users picking it up, I couldn't resist. For what ever reason, I wanted to wait for Leopard. I have

I picked it last week. 24" 2.4GHz, upgraded it to 3GB RAM (2GB Kingston, 1GB Apple). This is my 3rd iMac in the house (20" 2.0GHz, Core DUO & 17" 2.0GHz C2D).

DSC00014.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i-Vtec: nice iMAC and Mikael Ikea Desk. My brother got one last week along with the 3 drawer cabinet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 24" C2X
Mines due on Sep 5th before 10:30am via FedEx

BlackSheep: I have the same exact setup (24", 2.8X, 4GB ram) except im getting only a 320GB HDD. Ive been playing with the 24" 2.4Ghz 3GB ram at the apple stores and that thing is a beast, so I could only imagine what the 2.8X + 1 extra GB of ram would feel like. Im glad you love it!

Someone needs to make a full replacement screen so (those that need to) can convert to matte.

haha, fedex says the same thing for me, sept 5th before 10:30. plus im getting the same computer, less the RAM. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" with 3Gb RAM and a 13"Macbook with 4Gb RAM
hey i switched my PC to the imac the day it came out here in india. got the 20inch version since the prices get too high due to taxes. i seem to be loving it all the way. tend to spend all my day on it knowing that i'm just gonna keep learning better stuff and new things.
and for all those guys who switched from the mighty mouse all i can say is that earlier even i hated it thinking that it didn't work well at all but after a little use and practice it's got wayy better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
After seeing other Mac users picking it up, I couldn't resist. For what ever reason, I wanted to wait for Leopard. I have

I picked it last week. 24" 2.4GHz, upgraded it to 3GB RAM (2GB Kingston, 1GB Apple). This is my 3rd iMac in the house (20" 2.0GHz, Core DUO & 17" 2.0GHz C2D).

i-VTEC, your siggy says "brampton". Is that "Brampton Ontario", as is the (now) suburb of Toronto? I used to work there years ago, when it was still the "twin cities" of Brampton and Bramalea!

...love the desktop by the way!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha, fedex says the same thing for me, sept 5th before 10:30. plus im getting the same computer, less the RAM. :Smirk:

Nice! what part of cali are you from?
Im actually getting only 1GB of ram from apple. I purchased the 2 x 2gb of ram from crucial and they are ready to jump in the iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 24" Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM
I sold my 4 month old 20" iMac for the new 24" iMac upgraded to 2gb; soon to upgrade to 3gb. Absolutely LOVE IT!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 24" C2X
Nice! what part of cali are you from?
Im actually getting only 1GB of ram from apple. I purchased the 2 x 2gb of ram from crucial and they are ready to jump in the iMac.

im in sacramento.

my imac has been sitting in a warehouse in oakland since sunday morning, and thanks to the holiday it will take a few days to do an hour trip. :| its kinda odd the trip it is taking, from shanghai to anchorage then indianapolis and oakland. oh well, as long as i get it on the 5th ill be happy, i might have a friend stay at the house so they can sign for it because ill be at work :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
i-VTEC, Nice set-up.

Those with the new iMac, are you liking the keyboard ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 24" Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM
Keyboard is really nice, it feels different but I like it. I type faster on it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I'm getting one this week I believe, I'm probably going to put the order in, in a couple days. either that or go to the apple store. :-D I can't wait, I was really skeptical about the display but I went to the apple store Sat to make sure I really liked it, and I do. it's not bad at all!

The keyboard was decent, but I honestly don't see myself using it. I'd rather use my old pro keyboard. I like the feel of it better, I can't type well with the macbook keyboards, it feels really squished or something, I always hit capslock instead of the A button etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
I sold my 4 month old 20" iMac for the new 24" iMac upgraded to 2gb; soon to upgrade to 3gb. Absolutely LOVE IT!!!

hhmm how much did you sell it for? I'm looking to sell mine to buy a new imac.

id ssaayyy i got it ...8 months ago. maybe. 20" and i bought it like 5 days before the 24" came out.

hhmmmmmm?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.