I'm a new switcher ...

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Let me introduce myself ...

I live in Calgary, Alberta ... Although I'm some sort of a software developer, I don't know too much about computers (sounds silly, but it's true). My PC crashed few days ago, so I had to shop for a new machine. Looked on Dell and HP web sites, but they sell new ones with Vista OS only. Well, ... after reading mostly horror stories from early users of Vista, and not willing to be held captive to Microsoft under such circumstances, ... I ordered a new iMac yesterday. Hope I made a right decision ...

I have never touched Mac in my life, so I'm sure there will be a lot of questions once it arrives in my house.

Here is one on the top of my head (although it may sound silly ..)...

Is it possible to have my remaining PC on the network with Mac? I have a D-Link (DI-524) wireless router, and I would like to plug my new iMac into it, and have the PC wireless. Are they compatible, to begin with?

Regards,
Milan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
You mean to share files between the PC and the Mac using the router?

I do it all the time... so the answer is yes. ;p

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, ... that's what I meant. Files sharing.

Also, ... am I going to be able to configure my router from Mac, since it will be the master? It was previously configured from PC. Does it need to be reconfigured?
Thanks!

Reaction score
not at all, with mine all i did was use the airport function thing, just click on what looks like your mobile cell phone signal on your mobile which is on your finder bar and click the network you wish to join and simple, your now connected to that network!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.