MPB Freezing on Startup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 2GB
My power cord was pulled out by accident tonight on my Macbook Pro, the battery wasn't in so it just shut off. I push the power button to restart the computer after plugging it back in, everything seemed fine until the menu bar and dock didn't show up. My desktop background shows up, the pointer in the top left corner, and the spotlight button in the top right.
I wait and it just stays like this, I can't click on the spotlight button as it gives me the busy pointer or what ever you'd like to call it, and no keyboard shortcuts work either. My only option is to hold down the power button to shut it off.
I just downloaded a few things before this started that might have some crazy effect on this, such as PeerGuardian, Transmission for P2P downloading, and AppDelete off the apple website.
I've tried restarting obviously, and I've been through a few forums but didn't see anything quite like this being talked about. I've also tried holding Apple-Option-P-R while restarting, but that didn't help.
Any suggestions to get my Macbook Pro back up and running would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
sholdzy

OP
sholdzy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 2GB
so i have no idea what i did, if anything, but the macbook seems to have restarted itself and is back in working condition...

hopefully my laptop never has another little tantrum like that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.