My first partial let down

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
Today i bought a new pair of nikes and it had the thing that tracks how far u run/walk...well the little monitoring device only works with a nano.. that what the people at foot locker and the mac store said... so yea i was pretty ticked about that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Huh??!

How is that a let down? Its been advertised and over advertised that it only works with iPod Nano ONLY.

Not sure I see your point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.16 ghz, 120 gig HD, 2 gig memory
wasnt it free anyway?
yea not quite sure about the disappointment....if anything it would be disappointed w/ the manufaturer of the device not apple

OP
spudd4242
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats why i said partial and no its not free its 30 bucks... and im dissapointed because it wont work with a full size ipod after someone buys an ipod they dont always have the money to buy a nano as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
while i am with the OP on it not working with other ipods, i've seen the ads. it's pretty clear that it only works with a nano.

i've almost splurged for a pair, but i don't have the money to go out and buy a second ipod just to get the features that come with tennis shoes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Today i bought a new pair of nikes and it had the thing that tracks how far u run/walk...well the little monitoring device only works with a nano.. that what the people at foot locker and the mac store said... so yea i was pretty ticked about that.

You should research more before you buy. Pretty much your fault. Try and see if you can return it.

OP
spudd4242
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i hadn't even seen the nike plus till i tried the shoes on and saw the flyer... its not that big of a deal and i didnt buy the nike plus receiver when it said nano after everything. Im just upset that it wont work with a normal ipod... im going to be using it just for walking not running but i understand that the ipod has a a harddrive and the nano has flash memory... i will prolly end up just finding some cheap nano and use it anyways. But i dont want you all to think that i bought the shoes soley for that purpose and that i am complaining about it now because thats not the case at all. I bought the shoes for comfort and style.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Yeah it's best to use a flashed based player for jogging and such since your moving constantly. Jogging with a hard drive based player can mess it up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
well, i am glad to see that you are interested in this. i am in the military and i have a weight problem. being able to track how far i have ran and in what time makes it fun for me. i challenge myself to beat my previous times or distances. it is a very good way for you to get a start. it is well worth the money if you are going to use it. keep up the good work. remember cheating only hurts you.

one other thought is that you could buy one off ebay. they work with the first gen nanos.

OP
spudd4242
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea ive been scoping out the ebay front lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.