Using SuperDuper to clone system files only?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
So i got a PowerMac and its still in the mail, and im trying to get ready for it, so im cloning my iMac hard drive for when it gets here.
My thing is, i need to do some cleaning because the PowerMac has a 20GB hard drive (dont worry, im upgrading it, i got a good deal), opposed to my 60GB on my iMac. And although i havent used up 20GB on my hard drive, i only want to transfer the system files so i just have the basic tiger, then ill add some of the applications, music, etc. later.

So, can i do this with SuperDuper?
I havent used it in a long time and i dont really remember.
Will this pose any problems?
Thanks,

Tanner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
Why don't you just connect them via firewire, boot the iMac, then using the (i think) CTRL+T option, you can basically boot the powermac as a slave drive and transfer directly to it.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
Thanks for that, so how would i go about transfering the my Tiger install over to the PowerMac?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You will not be able to use an iMac image (os) on your PowerMac. The best you can do is install a clean copy of the os anc configure it like have on your iMac. Then connect your iMac and Powermac using a firewire cable. With the PowerMac power on and the iMac powered off. Power up the iMac, then press and hold the T key, until you get the firewire icon on the screen. After which you should see a firewire dirve icon on your Powermac desktop. Copy over allof the data that you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.