Pages 08 footer question

Reaction score
I am a mac user for about 1 week now, and I am forcing myself to use pages (instead of staying comfortable with MS office) One feature I use in Word always, is the insert filename (and sometimes path) in the footer. (it helps me keep organized and recall files easily)

Please help. ThanksO:)

Reaction score
enable layout view and you'll be able to see the body, the header and the footer.O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Ah but there's no Insert filename option in Pages.

But here's one thing. It might be a solution to your problem. If I open a document, and I don't know where its from, I command click the little document item in the title bar of the window. You know, if I open a pages document, there's a small little pages icon in the title bar (not the right-on-top menu bar). Command click it, and it will show you the document path in a sort of heirarchy. Click any one of those folders and it will open a finder window.

And if you have a doc open, and need to copy it to a say pen drive, just drag icon onto the desktop where you can let it go on a pen drive, or even hold it over the main HDD icon so it springs up...

Yeah. I'm a confused nut.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.