iTunes application?

Reaction score
Hi, im looking for a small itunes type application to sit on my desktop so i dont have to keep maximizing and minimizing the main iTunes.

Anyone know of anything?

T

todd51

http://www.yousoftware.com/tunes/

That is a nice free application that puts some controls in the menu bar. Also, a nice overlay (that can be customized) pops up every time a song changes with the album art and other things.

You will have to enter your email address on that website somewhere to get a free serial key sent to your email, so you can actually use the program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i had it once but didnt use it much, but it is a great program for a computer that you will use iTunes on.

OP
M
Reaction score
http://www.yousoftware.com/tunes/

That is a nice free application that puts some controls in the menu bar. Also, a nice overlay (that can be customized) pops up every time a song changes with the album art and other things.

You will have to enter your email address on that website somewhere to get a free serial key sent to your email, so you can actually use the program.

Done, its amazing, just what i was looking for, thanks very much :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Also check out SizzlingKeys, which allows you to assign "global keyboard shortcuts" (keys that work no matter which app is focused) for Play/Pause, Previous, Next, etc.

http://www.yellowmug.com/sk4it/

Back when I used to use iTunes, I used both You Control: Tunes and SizzlingKeys. It's a very neat combination.

note: Of course, if you have the new Apple Keyboard, then you won't really need SizzlingKeys, since it has built-in media keys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
POS Dell right now. 2.8 ghz pentium 4 256mb RAM and 40GB HD
If you use the Mozilla Firefox web browser, there is an add on called FoxyTunes that lets you control iTunes with a small 14 by 150-ish pixel area of the bottom status bar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
There is also your apple remote. I find myself using it more and more.

OP
M
Reaction score
i got the one which appears in my finder bar, and a box appears when the song changes, its amazing :D also.. right now im at work on the OLDEST pc you could think of, its windows 98, 10gb hard drive! and the monitor sits 16.5" BACK, its more long than it is wide..

how i miss my iMac when im at work :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.