Problems with sizes of pictures when uploading...

Reaction score
Hello I have a Sony Cybershot DSC T33 5.1 Megapixels, and since getting my mac and have started uploading my pictures into iPhoto, the pictures seem to be loading up at a fairly small size. I am sure they are not meant to be so small.... can anybody tell me how I can have them bigger when I upload them? Is there a setting on the actual camera or can I do something within iPhoto?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
It's probably just displaying them at that size - I've never had iPhoto change the size of photos, I'm fairly certain it doesn't do that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
In the lower right there's a thumbnail size slider. maybe sliding it right will increase the thumbnail size. Anyway, the pictures are not shown in full resolution in iPhoto. Only going into the full screen mode and zooming in will show the full size.

If in doubt, drag the photo out of iPhoto onto the desktop and check the file size

OP
TornSi
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the help.

I was uploading pictures onto facebook, from the iphoto library that I have on my MAC and the pictures come up quite small on facebook, thats why I was wondering what the deal was.

OP
TornSi
Reaction score
I cant figure this out at all! SO annoying, I have looked at the settings on the camera and cant see anything there either, if anybody has any other ideas it would be very helpfull!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you sure the photos are stored at the smaller size? Facebook might be shrinking them for you, I wouldn't trust that as an indicator of what's going on.. Did you drag the photo onto the desktop like Goobimama suggested?

OP
TornSi
Reaction score
Right, I have dragged them to the desktop and when I do that they open up much bigger.... why do they still appear smaller when I put them on something like facebook? Or when I open them up in photoshop? Is it because I am opening them up from the iphoto library? If I wa top open them up from the desktop would they appear larger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sure Photoshop will open them at normal size - it's may display them smaller, though. As for Facebook, I suspect it's probably shrinking them automatically, and as I said before won't have any bearing on, or relation to, what happens on your Mac.

iPhoto shrinks photos to fit on the screen when it displays them - check if there's a "View actual size" option somewhere.

Reaction score
Just put them anywhere but Iphoto, that's what seems to resize them. As a test I put a picture on my desktop and uploaded it from there and it uploaded full size onto Facebook. Only thing is it takes forever.. but they will be normal size...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.