• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie HD ('06) and DRM music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: CD 2.0GHz, 2GB, 250GB, SuperDrive, 20" MacBook: CD 2.0GHz, 1GB, 60GB, SuperDrive, White
Sorry if this has been posted before but I searched and couldn't find it.

I have loads of footage from a recent holiday that has been imported into iMovie HD. I have since spent hours and hours editing it and putting lots of audio tracks in from iTunes.

Now, iMovie keeps prompting me to authorise my iTunes purchased songs and if I'd like to open iTunes to authorise it. If I click 'Open iTunes', iTunes opens, asks for my password, authorises and states that I have authorised 2 of 5 computers. The requests the same for the next song. Non-iTunes purchased music is fine. This happens everytime I use iMovie now despite completing this process. Still states 2 of 5 authorised too.

I found on the interweb that burning a CD and re-importing as MP3's works but I have spent ages setting colume levels and REALLY don't want to do this.

If it helps find an answer, I have iMovie '08 installed too I just don't want to use it.

Thanks for your help.

VL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
Not sure why it asks you to keep authorizing iTunes over and over, but when you use DRM music, it's gonna bug you about it. And, yes the, CD Burn, re-import as mp3 does work, but it is a hassle depending on the size of your collection.

I wish I could tell you more, but try de-authorizing, then re-authorizing the itunes, with iMovie completely quit, then reboot, restart itunes, and then try again with iMovie project to see if it continues.

Brian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.