Airport not savig settings

Reaction score
Hi

Each time I reboot my mac I have to re-select the Preferred Network, it then connects and works fine without me having to input the pas key again.

Why is it not saving this and just reconnecting to network at login?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi

Have you gone to your network settings under the blue apple and down to System Preferences. Then click on Network. Set it to automatic and it should look for what networks are available.

OP
J
Reaction score
In Network I have a drop down which says Location Automatic, I have never changed this.

Under that there is a drop down labeled Show; That is set to Network Status, it can be changed to Bluetooth, Built in Ethernet, Airport etc. Selecting one of those allows you to configure that type of device.

When its selected on Network Status it gives an overview of all enabled devices, for me that is Airport. When the Mac starts it says Airport is enabled but not connected to a network. I then select it, tell it to connect, it connects and its fine. Until I restart again and it looses it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.