Using Microsoft OS since 1987 - but had enough and am thinking of switching!

Reaction score
Twenty years, folks, twenty years, and Vista has pushed me over the edge. You need two gig just to run that bloated piece of crap? Tons of compatibilityu issues? It's OVER for me.

But many questions remain:

1. Does MS-Office for Mac have Outlook, and will my Outlook PC file migrate?

2. What is your experience syncing a Treo with a Mac?

3. What system configuration does Bootcamp require?

4. I have a bazillion Wordperfect files - are they usable in a Mac environment?

5. What is the best financial management software (like Quicken) for a Mac?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
1. No experience with Outlook...sorry
2. I use MissingSync to sync my Treo 700w with my macbook and it works great. Either over USB or Bluetooth. It updates my contacts and iCal daily.
3. Haven't used bootcamp (I use parallels instead)
4. Yep. Either Word for mac or neo-office will handle them just fine.
5. I use Quicken for Mac...some do not like it as much as the windows version, but it suits me just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
Twenty years, folks, twenty years, and Vista has pushed me over the edge. You need two gig just to run that bloated piece of crap? Tons of compatibilityu issues? It's OVER for me.

But many questions remain:

1. Does MS-Office for Mac have Outlook, and will my Outlook PC file migrate?

Thanks!

MS-Office Outlook is the same as Entourage for Mac and it's made by Microsoft themselves also... However if you are thinking of importing your email from Outlook and into Entourage, it's going to be really difficult. The only tool i've seen that will work is Outlook 2 Mac... It even costs $10.. http://www.littlemachines.com/

Personally, and this was a lot of work when i did it, is to create a new email, and drag all my emails from my pc into the message and email it to myself... When i get the email i drag all the messages within the email as attachments, and copy them over to my inbox... Sure it takes awhile, is a real pain, but that's the unfortunate route i took

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
Personally, and this was a lot of work when i did it, is to create a new email, and drag all my emails from my pc into the message and email it to myself... When i get the email i drag all the messages within the email as attachments, and copy them over to my inbox... Sure it takes awhile, is a real pain, but that's the unfortunate route i took

The easiest is to get an IMAP-enabled mail account (such as .Mac or you might have access to one if you have your own domain). If you have that set up, just drag all the folders and mails you want to transfer to that account on your PC, then set the account up with Mail on your Mac and the folders and mails will magically syncronise to your Mac!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.