Two Quick Newbie Questions

Reaction score
I'm a recent convert to mac and have been enjoying learning about the Mac OS system. Two things I can't quite figure out:

1. How can I watch streamed video in safari? I have installed a version of Windows Media Player and Real Player but if I ever want to view a streamed item (Youtube works ok, BBC and Virgin Media do not) I either have to open in a separate program (BBC) or not at all (Virgin).

2. How do I make things full screen? I have found a script thingy that makes Safari run in full screen, but other things, such as windows (or whatever Mac calls them :p) only allows you to make them slightly bigger by pressing the + button? Am I missing something obvious or is this a flaw in the OS?

Thanks very much for any help you can give me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
1. download Flip4Mac WMV plugin
2. Everything does not need to be full scree. however, if you want, place the top left corner of the window that you want fullscreen in the top left corner of the screen. then, click and hold the bottom right corner of the window you want fullscreen and drag it to the bottomright corner of the screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.