Macbook or Pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
don't have one yet!
well i'm getting a Macbook or Macbook Pro in October when the new OS comes out.

now, i really want the Macbook Pro which costs 1299 (pounds)
but, if i get the Macbook (829 pounds) i can get an iPod, Mighty Mouse & Keyboard and nice speakers all for the price of a Macbook Pro.

which one would you guys go for?

also, what is the difference between them (besides the screen & graphics card)

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
the big questions is, Do you play a lot of games and do a lot of video/image editing? If yes then get a pro, if not then get a normal macbook. The reason for this is because the pro has a seperate graphics processor where as the macbook does not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Well, I got the Pro because I plan on using Final Cut Studio (including Motion, and possibly Shake; both demand good graphics cards and don't support the integrated graphics on the MacBook), and some 3D animation software. I'd also like to get back into flight simulators, so the graphics card will come in very handy for that.

If you're not planing on playing games (it will handle most "cartoon" games and even some older 3D titles, but it's not going to run anything demanding) or doing any of the sort of work mentioned above then the MacBook should be fine. There are some differences that makes the Pro nicer (LED backlight, newer chipset, aluminium case, backlit keyboard and ambient light sensors, FireWire 800 and ExpressCard slot) but they're not essentials, and I'm sure they'll be updated to a newer chipset and LED backlighting soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I got the MBP for school because I'm working as a mechanical engineer with a co-op company. I do a lot of CAD and other computer-animated designs. I love it, and I'm glad I opted for this over the MacBook. I have all the other things, too, but I have money from my co-op. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.