Macbook Mic and Cam question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
What is the qualaty of the Isight camera like that is built in to the macbook? When Video calling, does it lag and is the qualaty good? I have an old Webcam with my pc and my past experiances with video calling are not so good as it was always slow, laggy and bad quality.

Is the built in mic any good? Does it sound clear and does it pick up any background noise?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
The Macbooks Camera is excellent.. The Mic is also good, just depends on how loud you are, I think :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
The iSight camera can easily be compared to the best USB webcams for PCs. Lag really depends on your internet connection.

The microphone... fine for voice calls I suppose, but all built-in mics are a bit pants IMO (I got an external one for £35[$70]).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 15" 2.4Ghz, 8600M GT 256MB Gfx, 2GB RAM
The camera (at least if its the same one as in the mb pro) is really good, I havent tested the mic yet though. Your experience with internet video chat/conferencing depends on your internet connection a lot though, if the connection isnt very fast there will only be a few or 1 frames per second which makes it laggy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.