Mac closing applications

Reaction score
I FINALLY GOT MY MAC!!! Thanks to everyone who helped so far, I'm really pleased with my new computer. Just one annoyance I was wondering could I change.
When I close all instances of an application by hitting the cross, in Windows it closed the application fully, in Mac it still appears to be running in the dock so I have to switch to it and quit it from the menu. Anything I can do so that when I hit the cross it just quits? Like I said its not major just bugging sometimes.
Thanks again.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just click Command-Q while in the application and it will both close and quit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
that takes a bit of getting used to, but its a real time saver because it means you don't have to re-load apps such as photoshop or firefox again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
you can also go to the menu bar and close the program using the menus.

OP
S
Reaction score
I know I can close from menubar and command-q i was just wondering if I could do it the way I'm used to. Although now you mention it I suppose it could be useful for apps like Photoshop. I'll just get used to it I guess :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.