*** clock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 15" 2.4Ghz, 8600M GT 256MB Gfx, 2GB RAM
My clock seems to go wrong all the time, I think its when i open my mbp from being closed for a while. The minutes are fine but the hours are wrong, theres no pattern its just random. When I open the date and time settings it jumps back to the right time immediately. How do I fix this?

Reaction score
By any chance do you have Windows installed? I'm asking this because their is an issue about the clock times when you boot into mac or windows. The fix, eventhough it is a registry hack on the windows side, whould keep it on the right time.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes i do, and I am comfortable with registry tweaking so if you could link me thatd me great!

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Yes, do tell

I have this problem on both of my MacBooks - one with Boot Camp, and one with Fusion. A long-time Windows-user, I want the registry hack too.

Reaction score
Here it is DO this at your own RISK!!

For those who just want to read that specific post:

The short solution for people who know how to edit the registry:
A DWORD key called HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal needs to have the value of "1"

The step-by-step solution is as follows:
1. Boot Windows

2. Click Start --> Run and type regedit. Click OK

3. The Windows Registry Editor should pop up. Navigate within the explorer to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation

4. Click on the TimeZoneInformation "folder" from the navigation pane if you haven't already done so.

5. This assumes the correct key doesn't exist. If it does, you will just change the existing key's value: Right click on the white space within the folder (If you don't have a right mouse button, you may need to download a program called applemouse to emulate the "control-click" of the apple 1-button mouse). Select new --> DWORD Value. Title the key "RealTimeIsUniversal" (No quotes). Set the value to "1" (No quotes again). Hexidecimal should be fine.

6. Either reboot and set the clock in MacOS or set the clock in Windows. You should now be able to reboot into either OS and have a correct clock.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow sorry I forgot to thank you for that :) THANKS

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.