Macbook Noob...Help with Plugins?

Reaction score
Hey all....I recently recieved my Black Macbook :) I love her.

But I was trying to be able to watch WMV videos, so I downloaded this thing from quicktime I believe called Popwire WMV 9-Components....thinking it would let me watch WMV videos with quicktime...turns out it doesnt.

So I searched the forums and found Flip4Mac, when I tried to install it, it says it cannot because I have this Popwire WMV-9 Components installed....and I cannot figure out how to get rid of it. It is not an app so I am completely lost....hopefully someone can help me. Thanks

M

MacHeadCase

Did you do a thorough search for it on your hard drive through Spotlight?

This is a bit confusing but more than likely it'll take you to either one or a combination of these four places: Macintosh HD -> Library -> QuickTime, Macintosh HD -> Users -> your user account -> Library -> QuickTime,Macintosh HD -> Users -> your user account -> Library -> Components and/or Macintosh HD -> Library -> Components.

Search for Popwire, WMV 9 and see if that clears it all up for the Flip4Mac install.

OP
U
Reaction score
Thanks, the first one worked...

when using Spotlight, how can I find the exact location of the stuff that comes up, so I can go find it and delete it? I want to clean up some other things. I tried dragging and dropping into the trash right from spotlight but that doesnt work.

Also, offtopic, but how do I get VLC player to be my default player for all videos?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Check to see if it came with an uninstaller or try to search for the popwire components with spotlight.

Ooops macheadcase bet me too it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.