Switching "The Other Way"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
Before i get flamed, I'm not thinking of Switching to Windows, i haven't even received my First Mac yet!

I don't know anybody who has switched to Mac and regretted it.

I was wondering if you guys know anybody who has switched away from Mac/OS X back to Windows, and been happy with their decision.

Reaction score
There was a thread about people regretting the switch. Of course this being a Mac board most of it was filled with people saying they were loving it. I know people who switched back to PC. Some just didn't care for OSX and some didnt care for limited hardware choices.

Reaction score
I don't know anyone who went back to buying PCs but I know some people who buy Macs and just use Vista or XP on the Mac hardware because they like the design;)
That always makes me smile a bit.

kuchiki

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I'll probably always own both now.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I also own and use both but would never give up on Macs and OSX. Since me being a computer tech for the PC side, I also can not completely ditch the PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
I use both win XP and OSX on my macbook. I only have windows on it because i need windows to run one or two work applications that i cant run on OSX. I have made the switch and doubt i will ever buy PC.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
Interesting. I personally am trying to remove all windows machines from my house (i have a few). The one stumbling block is a small server i have, this is running Win2k Server, which i need because i have a Netgear Storage Central, and netgear graciously decided to not produce drivers for either OSX or linux.

My Girlfriends laptop is now running Ubuntu.

i will still have to use Windows at work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
30gb Black iPod Video || White MacBook 2.0GHz 1GB-RAM & an absolute beauty
Personally, I just switched to Mac OS and it's all very exciting for me right now. Maybe it's temporary (say 1 year), but I don't think I'll switch back even if SIMS 3 and future Firefox downloads are made only for PCs.

Eh, that sounds pathetically tragic. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.