• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who gets the biggest room?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm kinda in a dilemma.

Two friends of mine and I will be sharing an appartment beginning september. I was wondering whether you guys knew any solution as to who should get which room.

I guess pulling from the pot would be easy, but who pulls first?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
When I lived with roommates we always had the Roommate with the larger room pay a bit extra for rent.... If all 3 of you are willing to pay the extra amount... draw from a deck of cards... highest card wins... and pays extra.

If the rent was $1200, I would think a split of $500, $350, $350 would be fair... Having the larger room has some major advantages usually (IMO)... Not just the extra space, but you usually have your own bathroom.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Just do a 3 way scissors paper rock and the winner gets the first option of keeping the bigger room. But still ahvs to pay slightly more rent for it. That's only fair. It's worth it.

Personally I'd prefer the cash over the larger room but I know many others who'd prefer the room.

Reaction score
Well,
You could all 3 share the room and turn the other room into guest rooms!
haaaaaaahahahahaha.
God that would be dumb.

After you live with your friends you will find you are either
A) Not friends anymore
B) Closer than ever before
C) In court.

Just kidding, just know your real friends.
My sister had the most disgusting roomate, he worked at a tanning salon and his bed was all black in the outline of which he laid in it.
ewwww.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I like ride's suggestion... but with a twist. find the total square footage of bedroom space and divide the rent by that. That's your $ per sq ft. You can then find out what each room costs per month.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I like ride's suggestion... but with a twist. find the total square footage of bedroom space and divide the rent by that. That's your $ per sq ft. You can then find out what each room costs per month.

And throw in $50/month for the priveldge of having your own bathroom/shower/etc... Your "lady friends" will appreciate this as well. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I like the extra cost idea, but maybe you're all loaded and don't mind paying. In that case, you can choose for it. I don't think rock/paper/scissors will work with 3, so definitely choose for it.

In case you don't know that one, it's perfect for 3 people. Like RPS, but instead you throw out one finger or two, whoever is the odd man out, wins. Like 2 people throw a 2 and you throw a 1, you win.

But the winner should still pay extra.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
all 3 of you should start from a remote location about 50 miles from the apartment and have a rat race. the first one to the biggest room gets the biggest room

Reaction score
One practical solution would be: the larger room goes to the one with the Mac. I mean, why reward someone who uses a PC?? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
One practical solution would be: the larger room goes to the one with the Mac. I mean, why reward someone who uses a PC?? :D

Great Point!!!! Looks like your the winner yogi!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Or... if you're all single... first person to bring home a girlie (that you didnt have to 'rent') gets the bigger room. 'Nuff said!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.