Noob - itunes

K

kpc655

Hello,

I'm considering switching to a Macbook pro next month and i've found the various guides on here extremely helpful. But despite multiple searches there were a few issues i couldn't find clear answers for..so i thought i'd throw them out to the group.

-Mac and Xbox - any issues using max with a modded Xbox (not a 360). i use avalaunch and Xbox media center. it appears there are no P2P or torrent issues with mac...so my question is really around Ftp'ing from mac to xbox. anybody have any issues?

-itunes - all the tutorials on migrating my music seem far to complex. in my current PC i only use itunes to load my ipod..meaning it doesnt manage or control my library of songs. with this in mind..isnt it a simple matter of using a lan to transfer the files just as you would with any other .doc, picture files etc.?

-when i plug my ipod into the macbook for the first time..will it erase the songs? i found conflicting answers for this.

On a more general note, i found lots of hints and recomendations for programs and working with a mac but what about common annoyances or program mods. for example..it sounds like everyone immediately disables the itunes feature where it copies songs to its own library. any other things like that?

this forum is geat..thanks for all the info!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.16 ghz, 120 gig HD, 2 gig memory
transfering your music from pc to mac just seems complex, but it really isnt. Just follow the directions on the apple page and its pretty simple. As to deleting all the songs on your ipod....you will have to do that cuz it is formatted for pc so formatting it to a mac will have to clear everything but its not a big deal just consider your pc as music back up, if anything go wrong all your music is still there untouched on your pc

as to the xbox question has no idea but these forums are probably not the place to ask

http://flernk.blogspot.com/2006/07/guide-to-os-x-software-for-switchers.html
there is a link that is very helpful and has a list of great programs that will just make your mac that much better

hoped that helped a bit

Reaction score
transfering your music from pc to mac just seems complex, but it really isnt. Just follow the directions on the apple page and its pretty simple. As to deleting all the songs on your ipod....you will have to do that cuz it is formatted for pc so formatting it to a mac will have to clear everything but its not a big deal just consider your pc as music back up, if anything go wrong all your music is still there untouched on your pc

as to the xbox question has no idea but these forums are probably not the place to ask

http://flernk.blogspot.com/2006/07/guide-to-os-x-software-for-switchers.html
there is a link that is very helpful and has a list of great programs that will just make your mac that much better

hoped that helped a bit

As far as I know, Mac can actually read a Windows formatted iPod. However, Windows can not reach a Mac formatted iPod.

OP
K

kpc655

hmm, still not really clear for me. looks like i'l just have to throw caution to the wind and do it!

what about the xbox thogh...anybody here have experience working with mac and xbox? good/bad experiences?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.