• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Save my skin, please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quadra, Performa, G3 Power PC, G4 Dual, G5 Quad, MacBook Pro Intel.
A pretty drastic title I know, however I need as much help as possible from all Mac Forum members, for my next task at my casual workplace.

I work part time with a huge government higher education institution, and have been given the task to draw up reasons for updating our Mac teaching rooms. There are three (3) in all, and we teach visual arts, publishing and design.

The reasoning behind this is to set an argument to management to keep the Macs or switch to Pc's. I have been chosen, because I have a small design business, where I have a close link to industry and (hopefully) will have a creditable stance to provide a report that we should keep our Mac environment and update our current Mac machines. These are currently 3 years old.

I am begging all readers to post links to support my report, as why we should stay with our environment. One such reason, I have discussed with management already is the workforce in this industry and how Mac Operators are still alive and well in the employment sections of newspapers and jobsearch sites, also I am collating material such as the increase in use of Macs in the design and design production industries.

I am searching the web for more up to date info, and I turn to you all to help, and I appreciate any feedback on the use of Macs in the education sector.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards Roland

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.