• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

NAACP thinks Vick should be able to play for Falcons

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 and a 15" MacBook Pro 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
This is sickening. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, the NAACP is now supporting Michael Vick saying we should give him a second chance. They also suggest that Vick is not guilty and was forced to plead guilty due to legal issues.

What does it take for people to learn? If the NAACP wants to gain back any of the credibility that they have lost over the past few years, they must stop associating with the criminals of the African-American race. Instead they must support those black men and women who are doing good things for society like Shaquille O'Neil, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
This is sickening. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, the NAACP is now supporting Michael Vick saying we should give him a second chance. They also suggest that Vick is not guilty and was forced to plead guilty due to legal issues.

What does it take for people to learn? If the NAACP wants to gain back any of the credibility that they have lost over the past few years, they must stop associating with the criminals of the African-American race. Instead they must support those black men and women who are doing good things for society like Shaquille O'Neil, etc.

riiiiiight....because the other 4 or 5 guys testifying against him are lying about him running a dog fighting ring on his property... :|

Well then, if he's not guilty, plead not guilty and let the court decide. As far as I'm concerned, he admitted guilt, there for he did it.

Reaction score
Ya but dont you think people are generally being VERY harsh?

I agree that what he did was wrong, and he should pay for what he did. And yes, hes going to. But we live around rapists and others who have gotten as much time as he might get, some less. And they are clearly aloud to go back to work. We dont make them live on the streets. At least Vick didnt hurt people. Animal lover or not, animals are not people. And he at least has respect for human life.

I mean, I'm not saying that he didnt do anything wrong, and shouldn't pay, but alot of people really arnt being very fair. We live with people who have done much worse.

Maybe because hes a "Role model" NFL icon?

OP
rpmgatech
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 and a 15" MacBook Pro 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
First off, the difference between the people you speak of (I don't even know who you are talking about because at my work, not a 7-11, they would never let a Felon work there) and Vick is that Vick is in a job that involves a lot of public relations. That is the nature of the job. If he knew he wanted to go around brutally maming animals, then he should have gone into another occupation.

Also, we are not being harsh. It is not like Vick needs to work to feed his family. We are talking about a guy who makes as much money as the entire population of some small towns. Not to mention the fact that he has only contributed $10,000 to his alma mater VA Tech since the shootings, but that's a whole other story.

He doesn't NEED to work to survive like the folks you are talking about. And I still don't get why people have sympathy for this guy because he just HAS to be a role model ... like he was forced into being a role model. Aww that is sooo sad. So do you want him to have his cake and eat it too? You want this guy to enjoy the benefits of being a role model (endorsements, jersey sales, $$$) and not have to put up with the duties of being a role model (not being a felon and not giving the fans the bird like he did last year)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I'm not even going to say what I really think about Vick and the NAACP's involvement in this because I would be breaking forum rules.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I don't have sympathy for him because of who he is, I have sympathy because I think the whole case is silly....

Reaction score
Personally I'm real tired of hearing about Vick and wish it would just go away!

Reaction score
Yes, but all I'm saying is that there IS alot worse out there. Lots more dog fighters out there to. But they just dont see the public the way this case does. He is getting it harsher because of it. Im not supporting him, or saying "hes really just a nice guy" but he is just taking the heat alot worse then others who have done worse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't have sympathy for him because of who he is, I have sympathy because I think the whole case is silly....

The case and the publicity it's getting is silly, but the facts are horrible. And it's sad a case of dog fighting can get more press than people getting murdered just because a guy can toss a football well.

This is why I've stopped watching most news broadcasts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
The case and the publicity it's getting is silly, but the facts are horrible. And it's sad a case of dog fighting can get more press than people getting murdered just because a guy can toss a football well.

This is why I've stopped watching most news broadcasts.

sayings like this bother me... the only reason vick is getting more attention than the "regular joe" about dog fighting is because, obviously he is an NFL football player, so in turn he is making a heck of alot more than than the regular joe and he is mentioned in the public newspaper/report (obviously) alot more than 'average' people" If he was the average person, sure he would be setenced to what ever extent he is going to get now, if not MORE... people with money/and or popularity get out of things more easily than "normal" people, take paris hilton for example she has gotten caught how many times for DUI??, and how much time has she spent in jail....???? none... for most people it would be at least one night, if not a month or three. AND on another hand, to say that its just a "sad case of dog fighting," thats just ridiculous, dogs are the worlds best/most loyal pets so I dont know where you come off with making that statement???? to me you are saying that you condone dog fighting and it is alright to participate in the "sport"?

Anyway, I hate this topic and Michael Vick and I hope (even though the judicial system will never allow it) that he gets put to sleep just like the dogs he "raised" to fight. I hate him, but love the dogs he killed. Hopefully I will see them someday

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Ya but dont you think people are generally being VERY harsh?

I agree that what he did was wrong, and he should pay for what he did. And yes, hes going to. But we live around rapists and others who have gotten as much time as he might get, some less. And they are clearly aloud to go back to work. We dont make them live on the streets. At least Vick didnt hurt people. Animal lover or not, animals are not people. And he at least has respect for human life.

I mean, I'm not saying that he didnt do anything wrong, and shouldn't pay, but alot of people really arnt being very fair. We live with people who have done much worse.

Maybe because hes a "Role model" NFL icon?

Child molesters can't go back to work at the day care. I'm sure a rapist wouldn't be allowed to work at some place like DHHR. Pete Rose couldn't go back to baseball after gambling on a sport.

Besides. Most serial killers start with killing animals, correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyway, I hate this topic and Michael Vick and I hope (even though the judicial system will never allow it) that he gets put to sleep just like the dogs he "raised" to fight. I hate him, but love the dogs he killed. Hopefully I will see them someday

I find it odd that you abhor what he did, but would be willing to have him put to death for what is, in the bigger picture, a pretty minor thing...

I don't rank this anywhere near Murder, Rape, Molestation or even Bank Robbery or Grand Theft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sayings like this bother me... the only reason vick is getting more attention than the "regular joe" about dog fighting is because, obviously he is an NFL football player, so in turn he is making a heck of alot more than than the regular joe and he is mentioned in the public newspaper/report (obviously) alot more than 'average' people" If he was the average person, sure he would be setenced to what ever extent he is going to get now, if not MORE... people with money/and or popularity get out of things more easily than "normal" people, take paris hilton for example she has gotten caught how many times for DUI??, and how much time has she spent in jail....???? none... for most people it would be at least one night, if not a month or three. AND on another hand, to say that its just a "sad case of dog fighting," thats just ridiculous, dogs are the worlds best/most loyal pets so I dont know where you come off with making that statement???? to me you are saying that you condone dog fighting and it is alright to participate in the "sport"?

I never said I condoned what happened. In fact, if you read again what I wrote, you'll see I said it was HORRIBLE! But I don't think it is as horrible as a human being murdering another human being, soldiers dying in war for their country, or children getting molested by sick freaks. Maybe you do, and that's your opinion, but don't try to make me out to be some kind of monster because I value a human life over a dog.

But this Michael Vick things has gotten more attention than all of these things which happen almost daily. I think that is very sad. Dogs forced to rip each other apart and dying needlessly is sad, but people getting more attention because they have more dollar bills in their bank account is more sad.

Why do you think people like Paris Hilton get off so easily? There's nothing particularly interesting about her. She can't even throw a football well!! She gets off because she has money and she gets lots of attention that police don't want to be involved in. Think about that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why do you think people like Paris Hilton get off so easily? There's nothing particularly interesting about her. She can't even throw a football well!! She gets off because she has money and she gets lots of attention that police don't want to be involved in. Think about that.

I bet if Vic occasionally forgot to wear his underwear and let the world photograph it, he would be even more famous...

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bet if Vic occasionally forgot to wear his underwear and let the world photograph it, he would be even more famous...

;)

Ack!!! Nightmares tonight! :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Someone just sent me this:

Vick.jpg

Reaction score
This thread makes me long for another thoughtful debate on Global Warming!

;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Awesome comic! I don't know the dog on the bottom, second from the right.

This thread makes me long for another thoughtful debate on Global Warming!

;D

LOL!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.