• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why I love apple(care)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I sent off my ibook to applecare 2 days ago and got it back today completely in working order. They are amazing with their customer service, and most of the reps I've talked to are very nice and helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I agree, sometimes you get the jerk that won't help at all, but if you call back you'll usually get some one nice and they'll sort it out! <3 apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I had a problem with my Mighty Mouse not scrolling right. I took it in and they said they would exchange it for a new one without even checking it themselves. That's a nice change of pace from other customer service that would make you jump through hoops and try a hundred different things that any half-wit would think to do before calling customer service to begin with.

I also had an issue with my MBP not going to sleep properly sometimes. Again, they quickly said they would take care of it and change out the logic board. While they had it, they noticed the button on my track pad was a little hard to click, so they changed out the whole top case assembly.

Other than one instance with a rep who seemed bothered by talking to me, it's been grade A service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I sent off my ibook to applecare 2 days ago and got it back today completely in working order. They are amazing with their customer service, and most of the reps I've talked to are very nice and helpful.

Isn't it nice to have a great experience like that? That's why I always recommend buying AppleCare. Some people don't want to spend the money but if there's a problem, it's well worth it.

I've had them take good care of me too although I haven't had any serious problems and I don't expect to, but ya never know. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Apple Care is great, I had a defective screen on my PB, they sent DHL the next day with a special box, I put the computer in there, sent it off 1 day later Bam new perfect screen, if you dont get Apple Care with any apple computer purchase your making a big mistake... the best part is its transferable if you sell your MAC...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I asked my Apple guys what the price of a new keyboard was. "Why? What's wrong with the old one?".

"The keys have gone a bit hard and difficult to type on"

"Tell me na! I'll get it replaced ASAP."

Two days later I'm typing on a brand new keyboard....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
That's not all. When I gave in my iBook for a HDD replacement, they gave me a Powerbook as a standby model. It was hard to let go of that aluminum beauty :)

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
God I am so happy I've got it. Where would I be without it. Its unfortunate that I didn't buy it with my mini, the hd crashed last week and I have to pay the 120$ and install it myself.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I take it back. Their customer service rocks but after 6 returns to applecare my ibook still has the same exact problems. Well they said next time they *might* replace it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I take it back. Their customer service rocks but after 6 returns to applecare my ibook still has the same exact problems. Well they said next time they *might* replace it.

Not all hardware is perfect. Some work great and others have problems. They should replace it after it's been seen multiple times for the same problem.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not all hardware is perfect. Some work great and others have problems. They should replace it after it's been seen multiple times for the same problem.

Yea this guy at apple told me it was a possibility and said he will call me back with 2 business days. So now I'm just waiting on his call. I'm hoping they do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
I know I'm probably being greedy here - BUT I just found out that about 2 weeks after I bought my new Macbook in May, they released the new, upgraded version at the same price...has this happened to anyone before?? I guess there is no way I can get the upgraded version now, but that's frustrating!! Would applecare exchange mine if I begged them?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

I forget, what was the issue with your iBook G4?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.