I Wanna Be A Patawan!!

Reaction score
I've always been pretty half *** at everything. I learn some basic stuff and woohoo I know something. But I've never learned more than I needed. I've been far to pragmatic about my knowledge.
So, I've decided I'm going to learn everything I can about my favourite geeky thing. Macs.
I dabble in cars, I tinker with net culture, I wade in politics. But I want to be an absolute geek about Macs.
So, anyone here fancy themselves a true Mac geek? Anyone think they can answer any question I have? I'm not a newb by any stretch of the imagination so don't expect dumb questions like "how do I right click". I want to know terminal commands. I want to know shortcuts and apps that I've never heard of.
I want to be your patawan, and you can be the Mac Jedi.
Now accepting resumes :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Well, for starters it's spelled "Padawan"...

Important spelling is...to detail attention it shows.

;)

OP
H
Reaction score
Did someone switch this? I could have sworn I posted it in "Anything Goes", although its not supposed to go there.
Oh well. lol.
Haha thanks for that. I'll remember it :)
I'm not exactly a newb. I've been using a Mac for about 2 years now. But I want to know more than basic stuff. Most my mac knowledge comes from Windows knowledge from work (tech support for Road Runner, woo! lol).
I want to learn more about UNIX shell commands and how to use them in terminal and pretty much anything there is to know about Mac computers and OSX, even if it is cross platform (in the case of understanding video card or RAM specs).
Teach me. I'll even give you a piggy back around a swamp :)

Reaction score
ok, here is the first question

just powered up my first mac. How do I make my safari window full screen, the + isn't doing it

next i was told that when i bought .mac i would get all sorts of video tutorials. where are they? I am only using the 60 day trial to get more from it, but where can i find the videos....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
I don't blame him.

It's the way us North Americans pronounce t's in most words (like "water" or "atom") that makes d/t ambiguous.

just powered up my first mac. How do I make my safari window full screen, the + isn't doing it

It's a Zoom button, not a Maximize button.

The Mac OS philosophy or approach is to work with many windows and to be able to drag 'n' drop things from one to another.

Having a window take up the whole screen would go against this.

Personally, I "half agree" and "half disagree" with this concept. (I find that there are instances where working "maximized" is useful.)

If you absolutely want a "maximized" window, just drag the lower right corner of the window to resize it to the max and Safari will remember the window size from then on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't blame him.

It's the way us North Americans pronounce t's in most words (like "water" or "atom") that makes d/t ambiguous.

An excuse laziness is not. Spell water "Wader" or Atom "Adom" I hope he does not.

School, in it stay kids, remember you must...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
I doubt they teach you how to spell "Padawan" in school. XD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"|matte display|OS X 10.4|2.2ghz intel

Important spelling is...to detail attention it shows.

;)

An excuse laziness is not. Spell water "Wader" or Atom "Adom" I hope he does not.

School, in it stay kids, remember you must...

ok, your yoda speak sucks. the first one should at least been something like
"important spelling is... attention to detail it shows."

backwards he spoke, yes, but understand him we could. :Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, your yoda speak sucks. the first one should at least been something like
"important spelling is... attention to detail it shows."

backwards he spoke, yes, but understand him we could. :Angry:

I bow to your superior geekness....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.