• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Oh Apple, Where has all the color gone?

Reaction score
So,
I love apple. I just have one minor complaint.

Remember they days of the Clamshell and the iMac with every color under the fruit of the loom rainbow?
I love that. It spoke to me about Apple, that they were a company who didnt care about what others thought, Let OUR COMPUTERS BE PINK-WHO CARES WHAT THEY SHALL SAY! I love the color. It made your computer show who you are. (Plus it was the only computer in my favorite color-orange. warm fuzzy feelings)
But since then the color has slowly faded. The design of the Macs are still amazing, but the 'OH MY GOSH WOW YOURE COMPUTER IS WHAT COLOR?!' factor that really set them apart. Imagine if the iMac g3 only came in graphite, where would apple be now? Im sure it would still have been a hit, but im sure it wouldnt have sold as much as it did.
Now a days you walk into an apple store, all the Macs are white, black, or a beigeish color. Theyre still amazingly unique, but all the spice and pizzaz is fading away.
So Apple: You should return to your roots, and bring back the color that played a big part in where you are today!.
Im not sayin they need to go dye every iMac out there,
just some little things, at least make it an option.
I think its just something they should think about.

What do you think?

Tanner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I think computers are very serious business, that come in precisely the asthetically pleasing form that they are in now. As I gaze upon my sleek white Macbook and avert my eyes from the ugly Dell sitting a foot away from it.

Now if you want color, there are several nicely colored iPods, both in Nano and Shuffle format that you can enjoy. My wife has one in Turqouise that's teh sexay!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
30gb Black iPod Video || White MacBook 2.0GHz 1GB-RAM & an absolute beauty
Ooh I'd love to have a MacBook in crazy hot pink, but hey! Life is not perfect. And as above, it's still a beauty. White beauty, think Snow White. :D

I have boring colours for my electronics though. Black iPod, white MacBook, white N73 phone (which I do not recommend, and am keeping it only because I'm still waiting for the iPhone to make its way to Asia, if it ever does :O).

Maybe I should get those protective stickers thingum for my Mac...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
i would LOVE the new imacs in the anodized colors like the ipods. that would be KILLER.

mmmmmm :D I was aaamazed when the first colored mac's came out. thats all i wanted. i was youngish though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I'm not really a colour person; Grey, White & Black are enough for me (I think the Graphite iMac was the best one :p). Saying that; the red nano, and orange shuffle look sweet (strange that I like different products in different colours; I thought the original nanos looked better in black but the full size iPods look better in white).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
I loved those coloured imacs. Our school is selling them though and i hope theyll let me buy one!!

edit: Their blue, btw ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
If you don't mind spending a bit extra, check out the services over at http://www.colorwarepc.com/

They can make a computer almost any color you can think of!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Isnt there companies that sell painted macs?? i thought i saw it in Mac addict or Macllfe.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
i would LOVE the new imacs in the anodized colors like the ipods. that would be KILLER.

It would be great if they could do something like that for the new iMacs and MBP's. I would trade up tomorrow! It's funny to think a company like Apple has gone to very few plain colors while a company like Dell is getting more flashy and colorful.

If you don't mind spending a bit extra, check out the services over at http://www.colorwarepc.com/

They can make a computer almost any color you can think of!

I would probably consider that if it didn't mean voiding my warranty.

Reaction score
So Apple: You should return to your roots, and bring back the color that played a big part in where you are today!.....

Tanner.

I'm not sure I would consider something done by Apple 8 (or whenever the colored iMacs were out...I was a PC user at the time :/) years ago, "returning to their roots."

then again, im a brushed aluminium and glass kinda guy, so the new ones are the sexiest thing i've ever seen...to me. but to each his own.

EDIT: I also have a black 1st gen Nano which I wouldn't trade for all the colorful rounded off new nanos money could buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Well Dell now have coloured Laptops................well be honest, they had to do something with their product didn't they:Evil:

I saw coloured covers for Mac Books here in OZ but I'm not paying $100 for a plastic cover coloured or not:eek:

Reaction score
Well Dell now have coloured Laptops................well be honest, they had to do something with their product didn't they:Evil:

I saw coloured covers for Mac Books here in OZ but I'm not paying $100 for a plastic cover coloured or not:eek:

Yeah, saw that commercial. Thought it was amusing. :x I would like different colors, but I'm fine with the way things are right now. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
i hate color, flat out... i think my shapeshifter theme and icons show it best (besides the itunes icon that since the update I havent had time to candybar in ;D )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

now now, lets be kind here... if i were to buy a pre-built windowz box again, it would definetely be a dell. will i though? probably not...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
i hate color, flat out... i think my shapeshifter theme and icons show it best (besides the itunes icon that since the update I havent had time to candybar in ;D )

You're a disgruntled color-blind person, aren't you?! :p

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
I had a colorblind band teacher.
Funny when he wore hot pink shirts and hes like 65.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM

Oh man, no offense, but that just gives me a headache :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh man, no offense, but that just gives me a headache :eek:

no offense taken, to each his own. After my logic board died and i got a new one i thought hey whatever, ill go without shapeshifter... that lasted about a week and i NEEDED to go back. I love the look of it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.