Remote Access Question

Reaction score
I bought an I-mac about six months ago and LOVE it. I'm trying to free myself from PCs but I utilize a RAS Token to securly access my work desktop through my home pc and this is not supported in Mac OS.

I'm looking to replace my notebook with a macbook, and am wondering if anyone has any experience running this type of application through windows on a mac. The software that gets the secure connection is nortel networks VPN client, then I remote access work computer through a citrix server. This is currently the only reason I'm holding onto a pc, and if I can use a mac for this I'll buy a notebook tomorrow.

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
nortel does not make a mac VPN client?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
VPN Tracker supports authentication tokens, but due to the proprietary VPN implementation Nortel use, it's currently not compatible with their devices.

OP
S
Reaction score
Do you think running windows XP through bootcamp or parallel would allow me to use the token or do you think I need to stick with a PC. I can try it on my imac before I commit with a macbook but I'd still need to buy xp sp2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.