What size Hard Drive for Macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD
What size would you recommend for a macbook as a student who doesn't have lots of spare cash.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The cheapest one. You can get an external later for cheap.
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I second the getting an external drive later option.
No sense spending more for an internal at purchase, and no real need for the hassle of swapping an internal out later.

Just get the standard internal now and by the time you come close to filling it, you will have had time to save up for an external.

Reaction score
yeah just get the 80 GB drive that comes with your macbook and buy and external for video, music, and photos.

Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
inless you are going to use bootcamp to have osx and windows on your mac. this would require more hdd space

Reaction score
also remember if u are a college student, apple is offering great deals for students, 100 instant off, free ipod and printer after rebate, i just sold the nano i got for free for 170 cash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Personally I'd get the biggest you can afford... but really it depends on your media collection. All my music and videos are 250GB, and all on an external drive... so as soon as I use my MBP anywhere other than my desk I have no music or movies. I'd kill for a 1TB drive in my MBP, but I guess that's gonna have to wait quite awhile.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
i agree with Levi get the biggest you can afford whats the point in a laptop with a small hard drive. once you away from your desk or away from a power source your without half your documents. seems kinda pointless to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz 15.4" 2GB RAM
I have a 160GB external drive that doesn't require a power source, which I can just put in my bag or my laptop case. Its pretty small as well. Its made by western digital if i remember correctly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.