Reboot from Mac -> XP = Freeze

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had the problem where when you go on Mac OS, then reboot it, and when it loads XP (assigned as default OS), it freezes and you have to manually shutoff the laptop by holding the power button?

Also, using bootcamp, has anyone noticed fan issues? My fans sometimes go beserk when loading XP w/ bootcamp.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Has anyone ever had the problem where when you go on Mac OS, then reboot it, and when it loads XP (assigned as default OS), it freezes and you have to manually shutoff the laptop by holding the power button?

Also, using bootcamp, has anyone noticed fan issues? My fans sometimes go beserk when loading XP w/ bootcamp.

I haven't experienced any of these issues. Are you using the latest version of Boot Camp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
|MBP17''|hi-res|
yes i experienced it few times actually one in 4 times. I mainly boot to windows (work) and only occasionally to OS X to learn this system...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.