MSNBC Switcher Article

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Nice, concise article.

Personally I've never been able to see files on my mum's PC over the network. I put this down to Windows, because I did everything right on the Mac side according to many tutorials (when it didn't work the first, second or third time I checked loads) but Windows would give me a different error message everytime I tried to do things on that side. Eventually I just set up FTP access on my Mac and we can share files that way.

As for the font issue, I'm not sure on this. Being used to OS X's font rendering, text looks clear and crisp to me, but I know "blurry" text is a common complaint from Windows users. Switching to XP, text looks really thin and... crap. However, as you get used to it it does become crisper (in a "pixelated" sort of way), and switching back to OS X text does look blurry. Personally I prefer Apple's approach of replicating the typeface fully, but I think being able to chose a "best fit" option is a fair point.

Reaction score
I like how the editor mentioned the lack of an option for ClearType, its something that I do notice. Something so simple would add WONDERS to the experience.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I like how the editor mentioned the lack of an option for ClearType, its something that I do notice. Something so simple would add WONDERS to the experience.

I'm missing it. I once enabled Cleartype on one of my Windows machines, but immediately disabled it as it made the text look blurry to me. With 20/20 vision, I have never noticed a problem with the way OS X renders fonts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.