Can't delete certain iXXXXX related programs?

Reaction score
Hey guys how are you doing?
I have been trying to delete my iMovie and iDVD applications with the AppCleaner application, and it keep saying "You're trying to delete one or more protected applications" Any solutions to that? Or should i just drag it to the garbage bin and empty trash can like that?

Thanks for your help ^^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Do you really want to get rid of these programs?

Anyway, try http://www.appzapper.com/ I believe you can use it 5 times before you need to pay for it. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 gig HDD @ 5400, 2 gig RAM, nVIDIA 8600
right click on the file, get info, and see if it is listed as a protected (locked) file. if so, un-check it.

OP
N
Reaction score
Hi what do you mean really want to get rid of, is it unsafe to delete these files? I've heard that if you do not have a dvd rw on your mac it'll be pointless using those programs, so why not save up a little bit more space.

And the lock thing is grayed i couldn't click any of it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Hi what do you mean really want to get rid of, is it unsafe to delete these files? I've heard that if you do not have a dvd rw on your mac it'll be pointless using those programs, so why not save up a little bit more space.

And the lock thing is grayed i couldn't click any of it...

Just a a question I asked out of curiosity. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.