Do MacBook Pro's Scratch Easily?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
Hi Guys.

Still waiting for my MBP but i was wondering if they scratch easily, i dont want to damage the nice aluminium, so was thinking of getting a Speck SeeThru case or something similar, I have an Incase rucksack ready for it, with a nice fur-lined notbook pocket, but want to be sure its protected during use too.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 gig HDD @ 5400, 2 gig RAM, nVIDIA 8600
no they do not. scratch resistant like the ipod nano and mini.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz 15.4" 2GB RAM
OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
Considering he wasn't asking about cases this is stupid. You might want to re-read what he is asking.

:)

Forgive me for being paranoid, i've already hit one obstacle on the road to Mac heaven, and i know im going OT on my own thread, but should i be concerned about the yellow screen tint people are experiencing on the new 15" MBP's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3
Considering he wasn't asking about cases this is stupid. You might want to re-read what he is asking.

I am also waiting for my MBP and dont think it should be an issue.

Actually, and perhaps the OP can clarify this for us, he was asking about cases. Perhaps you misread his thread as asking about a bag, which he clearly already has.

Hi Guys.

Still waiting for my MBP but i was wondering if they scratch easily, i dont want to damage the nice aluminium, so was thinking of getting a Speck SeeThru case or something similar, I have an Incase rucksack ready for it, with a nice fur-lined notbook pocket, but want to be sure its protected during use too.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:)

Forgive me for being paranoid, i've already hit one obstacle on the road to Mac heaven, and i know im going OT on my own thread, but should i be concerned about the yellow screen tint people are experiencing on the new 15" MBP's?

I have not heard of this yellowing of the screen. It might be worth starting a new post regarding this (and/or searching the forums).

-B

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz 15.4" 2GB RAM
Actually, and perhaps the OP can clarify this for us, he was asking about cases. Perhaps you misread his thread as asking about a bag, which he clearly already has.

Yes his second question was about cases, but I think the real reason he made the thread was to ask if the case scratches easily. So in sense he was asking if he needed a case.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes his second question was about cases, but I think the real reason he made the thread was to ask if the case scratches easily. So in sense he was asking if he needed a case.

You are correct. I was asking if the macbook pro scratched easily, therefore, if so is it worth getting a protective case.

I was on another forum (regarding the yellow tint on the lower 1/3 of the screen) when a guy posted that he had just scratched his new MBP with his watch while typing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I think as far the scratching thing goes, you can scratch any notebook w/ the right watch. I think this applies to just about any situation in our lives: If we're careless with things, stuff gets scratched, broken, stolen, etc. etc. If you take care of your stuff, it will stay in good condition for a long time. So, if you want more protection against those little nicks that will probably happen, sure, get a case. I pointed you to the cases thread earlier so you could see what people had to say about the Speck cases and others as well.

I know several people who own MBPs that do not have cases on them that have had zero problems with scratching/blemishes/etc.

-B

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I think as far the scratching thing goes, you can scratch any notebook w/ the right watch

Yes, its common sense, i suppose. I just get the feeling that the MBP might be more vunerable than most notebooks. I've owned a few Win Notebooks in my time, and am generally very careful.

Thanks for the advice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.